Recon

Monday, January 9, 2012

Occupy Bloomington Evicted

If you heard it here first, its probably because you didn't care-Occupy Bloomington has been kicked to the curb.

Apparently one chick chained herself to a tree. I wonder if she used Mike Sullivan's tree? The picture doesn't look like it. (U c wot i did thar? That's the difference between a Bloomington resident and a goddamn bored college student whining for more entitlement. I know Mike Sullivan's fucking name.) Anyway there were no fireworks-the occupation was not that large at the time they finally chopped it down and there were only two arrests made. I wonder how badass your rebellion is if only two of you stick around long enough to be arrested?

Anyway, despite my constant stream of snark, I'm not unsympathetic to the movement. I like pissed off rabble, and a lot of you are clearly scum, which makes you a de facto member of my team. But if you can't keep up with the minutes of your own meetings over a short period of time, how the hell do you think you are going to accomplish anything?

I hope they continue meeting and training and coordinating. I hope they refine their agenda into something that makes sense. I am sorry for the various abuses that have occasionally been perpetuated on their brethren. But I'm glad People's Park doesn't smell like piss anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Like the "tea party", they need to eject the scuzzbag infiltrators from their ranks. But honestly, I think the true resistance will have no name. Like the French resistance of WW II...

    ReplyDelete