Recon

Friday, September 10, 2010

Not the four rules I remember

Saw this on Codrea's page.

The four rules according to weiners:
Children should know to take four steps if they ever hear about, know about or see a gun:
  1. Stop.
  2. Don't touch the gun.
  3. Leave the area.
  4. Tell an adult.
Yeah, somehow I think that teaching & following these 4 rules would keep us just as safe and much less helpless. Call me crazy, but when it comes to guns I'd much rather listen to the professional soldier than the guy who prescribes my adderol. I love and value both guys, but I don't tell the soldier I'm having trouble paying attention to everything and I don't fuckin' ask the doctor how to educate my children on firearms safety. Why? Because that makes no fuckin' sense.

My daughter, being under 3, is still at the stage of knowing Mommy and Daddy's Shit That You Can't Have as one large group of things including guns, knives, bongs, makeup, lighters, and anything that is fragile, and frankly I plan to continue that until she shows enough maturity to handle each individual item, based on my assessment of her mental and physical abilities, being the guy that spends every day with her and not some jerk in a labcoat that feels like the ability to sign an RX form is a certification proclaiming him the Grand Jackass Knower-of-All. There are two things, however, that I will never teach my daughter to be-a coward, and a snitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment